About the role
Due to increased business growth, Woodrow APEM Group has two exciting openings for both a Graduate and Assistant Ecologist to join an expanding organisation.
In the role the successful candidate will:
• Undertake ecological desk-based studies to a high standard, under supervision, within time scaled outlined.
• Carry out field survey techniques competently and according to best guidance, under supervision, within time scales outlined for birds, bats, habitats and terrestrial mammals.
• Collate and store ecological data to specified guidelines to ensure safety of data.
• Input data and research into draft ecological reports as necessary.
• Critically review data and highlight potential issues to Project Managers,
• Monitor workloads to meet delivery targets and keep within budgeted timelines.
• Supporting the senior ecology staff with ecological tasks as required.
• Organize, repair and maintain equipment as required.
• Adhere to Health & Safety requirements and take responsibility for own safe working practices.
• Some GIS Mapping.
• Interest and expertise across a number of ecology areas including birds, bats, habitats and terrestrial mammals.
• Degree qualified ecologist or equivalent experience.
• Full, Clean EU driving license.
• Qualifying or Graduate CIEEM Member
• Good understanding of ecology.
• Happy to work outdoors and travel to survey sites.
• A knowledge of the relevant legislation and policies.
• A methodical and organised personality.
• Ability to organise and prioritise workloads in a fast-paced environment.
• Team player
Interested candidates please email CV and cover letter stating suitability to email@example.com
Closing date 10th January 2022