About the role
Woodrow is currently advertising for experienced Ecologists to join its team. We currently have a 19-strong team of dedicated permanent staff members, including a Principal Ecologist, Senior Ecologists, Ecologists and Assistant/Graduate Ecologists. Our staff includes people with specialisms in botany, birds, bats, terrestrial mammals, aquatic ecology and ECoW.
We are looking for a number of Ecologists to join our team. In this role you will be expected to:
• Lead on, and assist with, the preparation of different high-quality ecological reports and advice in accordance with conservation legislation and protected species licensing. This will include collation of field survey data and maps within specified timelines.
• Undertake and lead ecological surveys, particularly bat, habitat or bird surveys, to current industry best practice.
• Lead on ecological projects from inception to completion.
• Deliver ecological projects on time and within budget using APEM’s project management software (in-house training will be provided).
• Liaise with stakeholders and statutory agencies to support the Senior Ecologists as required.
• Build client relations through regular updates, liaison and calls.
• Provide support to Senior and Principal Ecologists and other teams with administration, financial and other business processes.
• Collate scopes of works, identify potential issues and input of these into quotes & tenders.
• Draft mitigation to solve ecological constraints.
• Line-manage more junior staff as required.
• An experienced consultant ecologist, including demonstrated experience within a busy consultancy;
• Ecologists with particular experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Habitats / botany
o Community and biodiversity projects
o General ecology and EIA
• An experienced consultant ecologist with at least three year’s work-experience;
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills;
• Knowledge of legislation applicable to Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland;
• Ability to work on own initiative, to liaise with clients and colleagues, and to meet tight deadlines;
• Cognisance of H&S requirements and Staff Wellness Policies;
• Experience of project and client management;
Complete the Woodrow application form available below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 28th February 2022 @ 5pm.
Please note we may interview before the deadline date depending on calibre of candidates.